Get the best deal on your summer holiday
05 July 2010 08:30
Now that England is out of the World Cup, thousands of people will be planning their summer escape. With the main holiday season just around the corner people are already looking for last minute bargains, luxury retreats and family friendly destinations.
Be warned though, with the sudden interest in holidays the bargain breaks are harder to come by. While England was still in the World Cup there were lots of great deals to be had as operators and airlines tried hard to tempt people away from their TV’s. Now though the travel industry has the upper hand. There are fewer deals to be had and lots more people looking to book a holiday.
There are a few simple steps to help you get the best out of your holiday:
- Be as flexible as you can with dates. Mid week travel can give you more options and better prices.
- Make sure you do your research and shop around to get the best holiday. If you can find a number of providers offering a similar holiday then get negotiating and drive a hard bargain.
- You can save money on package holidays by buying your travel insurance independently. Buy a policy to suit you, your family and the type of holiday. With travel insurance one size certainly doesn’t fit all.
- Consider a new destination. Rather than looking at the most popular resorts consider going somewhere new – you might discover a hidden gem.
- Speak to the experts. A good travel agent will be able to tell you about new destinations and resorts. Let them know you want to book a holiday but want a good deal on somewhere a bit different. The same goes for travel insurance, there’s no point paying over the odds for a single trip policy, a good travel insurance company can get you the best deal.
Want more like this? Subscribe to the RSS news feed or check our our blog