Coronavirus travel insurance: Important information for policies purchased from 27th July 2022
While the world adapts to COVID-19, planning a holiday requires a little more thought than normal. The good news is that all of our policies provide cover for certain types of disruption caused by COVID-19. You can check your policy wording for the details. But here's a summary of what's included.
Cancellation and curtailment costs are covered if:
- You test positive within 14 days of your trip departure or while you're away and need to self-isolate
- You are certified by a medical practitioner as being too ill to travel due to COVID-19 - regardless of when you tested positive
- You, another named person on your policy, a travelling companion, a person you are planning on staying with or an immediate relative is hospitalised or passes away due to COVID-19
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 while you're away we will also cover:
- All necessary medical expenses and a daily hospital benefit up to your policy limit
- Repatriation to the UK if required
Please click here for more details of the cover for COVID-19 available on World First Travel Insurance policies issued on or after 27th July 2022.